[Mailman-Users] identifying dormant lists

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 17 21:27:46 CET 2006

Gurganious, Ellen wrote:

>I'm curious on how to tell if lists are inactive or dormant ... I have
>200+ lists and would like to get rid of lists that are no longer wanted
>or utilized.  It is a rare user that asks to have something deleted ;)

If the lists have archives, look at them.

If there are no archives, you can use bin/withlist to look at the list
attribute last_post_time. e.g.

$ bin/withlist listname
The variable `m' is the listname MailList instance
>>> import time
>>> time.ctime(m.last_post_time)
'Thu Sep 28 09:44:31 2006'
>>>               (control-D entered here)
Finalizing
$

Or create a script to print the list name and last_post_time for all
lists or some subset.