[Mailman-Users] request.pck does not match heldmsg-Listname files

Gerardo Herzig gherzig at fmed.uba.ar
Fri Nov 17 14:45:15 CET 2006

Well, if mailman do not provide such a tool, there is lots of quick ways
to find such a files: Lets assume that any given .pck file must have at
least 5 lines to be considered a `good one'. So you can find those files
who have less than 5 lines, then you can delete it

Simple python oneliner for finding .pck files fewer than 5 lines:
cd ~mailman/data
python

 >>> import glob
 >>>'\n'.join([x[0] for x in [(open(y).name, len(open(y).readlines()))
for y in glob.glob('*.pck')] if x[1] < 5])

## the (if x[1] < 5) at the end is the total lines for each file.
Try it and watch. If you like it, you can save it as
find_orphaned_files.py and do

./find_orphaned_files.py | xargs ~mailman/bin/discard

Or something like this. Its just an idea, hope to be helpfull.

Bye!
Gerardo