[Mailman-Users] spam, spamcop and mailman moderation

John W. Baxter jwblist3 at olympus.net
Fri Nov 10 18:25:00 CET 2006

On 11/10/06 9:07 AM, "Dragon" <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:

> You really should use the power of MTA filtering, it will save you a
> lot of frustration. At the very least, use gray-listing because the
> vast majority of spam simply won't be resent when a deferral response
> is sent from your MTA to the sender.

Unfortunately, the spam engines sending image spam (or at least some of
them) are indeed retrying and successfully getting through greylisting.

[I can't say how much image spam might not be getting through greylisting.]

So the end of greylisting as a useful tool is approaching (I'm surprised it
has survived this long).

  --John