[Mailman-Users] New Mailman Installation - Can't Send Email to aNew List

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 3 22:35:10 CET 2006

mcjathan wrote:

>1) Is our inability to send email to the lists due to the fact that the
>virtual db files aren't being populated?

Maybe. Have you set up POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS in mm_cfg.py per
<http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-virtual.html>

>2) If so, how do we fix this for our already created lists?

If the problem is that you havent set POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS,
fix it and then run bin/genaliases.

>3) If so, how do we fix things so that lists we create from now on don't
>have this problem?

Assuming you have set "MTA = 'Postfix'" and properly set
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS in mm_cfg.py, list creation should
update data/aliases* and data/virtual-mailman* automatically.