[Mailman-Users] mailman + exim, no mail to owners

Anne Ramey anne.ramey at ncmail.net
Thu May 18 19:24:04 CEST 2006

Anne Ramey wrote:
> I've just switched over from sendmail to exim because of how well it
> (supposedly) works with mailman, but now none of my owner posts are
> going through...thus owners are not getting their notifications of
> pending posts, etc.
>
> It's happening for all my lists.  This is what's in the mailman logs:
> May 18 11:43:51 2006 (1956) post to escml.field.all from
> listname at lists.ncmail.net, size=5185,
> message-id=<mailman.277.1147878675.1789.listname at lists.ncmail.net>, 2
> failures
> And there is nothing in the exim log.
>
> Since the message are getting to mailman, I don't think it's a problem
> with exim delivering the message to mailman, but there seems to be some
> error in processing the data.  They just keep sitting in the retry
> queue.  I'm not sure what to try next, please advise.

Let me add that the main mailman messages are going through fine, and I
see those sent in the exim logs, it is just these owner posts that don't
show up in the logs.  Yes, it appears that exim is configured correctly,
and like I said, the mail is getting to mailman to be posted to the
owner fine, it's mailman that doesn't seem to be able to handle it.