[Mailman-Users] Moderation failure

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed May 17 16:29:27 CEST 2006

Michael Barnard wrote:

>However on examine the smtp-failure log an entry similar to this is found
>
>May 16 11:07:38 2006 (962) SMTP session failure: 553, 5.3.0 <mailman-bounces at c100089.tdmgroup.net>... No such user here, msgid: <mailman.31.1147774055.960.test at mail.tetramou.com>
>
>The Domain should read like. mail.tetramou.com
>
>I had to use with-list fix-url when I set up the list did this fail in some way or is there some other problem.

It appears from the Mailman crafted message-id that the list's
host_name attribute is mail.tetramou.com. This should also be the
domain used in the envelope sender of the admin notice.

Is it possible that the MTA is mapping the domain somehow in the error
notice?

Also, does the MTA require a real sender, not an alias?  Do yo have an
alias for mailman-bounces?