[Mailman-Users] No E-mail from mailman/postfix

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 22:11:24 CEST 2006

Barry Finkel wrote:

>I approved the subscription request, and there still is no e-mail from
>mailman to postfix and back to me.  When I run
>
>     bin/show_qfiles qfiles/retry*
>
>I see ten mail messages queued.  There is no indication of why they
>are queued, and there is no evidence from the postfix
>
>    /var/log/syslog
>
>that the mail was even sent to postfix.  In the logs directory I have
>
>     errors - one error report from a few days ago when I ran a command
>              before I started the qrunner
>
>     subscribe - One line for a subscription via admin approval
>
>     vette     - Three lines for subscription requests held pending
>                 approval
>
>There are zero-length files in that logs directory
>
>     post
>     qrunner
>     smtp
>     smtp-failure

Unless you have changed things like DELIVERY_MODULE or the SMTP_LOG_*
settings in mm_cfg.py, there should be a 'smtp_failure' log entry for
each message in the retry queue.

Also, there should be 'qrunner' log entries.

Are you sure you don't have Mailman logs somewhere other than where you
are looking? Check mm_cfg.py and maybe Defaults.py for an assignment
to LOG_DIR.