[Mailman-Users] mailman + Postfix - posts appear in archive but arenot delivered

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 19:02:06 CEST 2006

Michael McAndrew wrote:

>Yes, you are right - it was a remote problem.  I was put off the scent
>because all three mail servers I was sending to silently rejected the
>email.  I added an email with from a 4th different server and it succeeded.
>
>Even though the problem occured 'outside' of my server, I'm sure a solution
>can be found within it.
>
>Here are the headers from the email that got through.  Do they give you any
>clues as to why it was rejected by the others?

I don't see anything obvious, but one thing to consider is you're
posting from your gmail address and one of your failed recipients is
your gmail address. I have seen reports that because of the way gmail
treats "conversations", it ignores messages with the same Message-ID:
as one already in the "conversation". This could explain the issue
with gmail, but presumably not the other failing addresses.

Perhaps you could compare the headers that you posted with those from
an admin mail that was received and check for differences.