[Mailman-Users] New installation issues? Need help!

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu May 11 08:44:18 CEST 2006

Vishal Mahajan wrote:

>We are running OX5 on RHEL4. The mail flow was fine, SMTP was working
>fine. We installed mailman-2.1.5-33 through the RPM created for RHEL4.
>The installed postfix is 2.1.5-4.2.
>We followed the instructions as
>http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/site.html

Did you set up Postfix integration per
<http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman-install/node13.html>

>Tried sending the mail to the list but same result. Its not even coming
>to the archives either. I did another test, tries sending mail to the OX
>Mail server accounts from outside and even from the same accounts and
>the weared thing I found that that accounts have lost the energy of
>receiving mails. YES MAIL CAN GO OUT BUT NO INCOMING MAIL. Dont know
>whats the problem, some configuration while configuring changed the
>incoming SMTP setting for mail server too.

Are you saying that NO incoming mail is delivered whether or not it's
for a Mailman list? If so, you have a Postfix problem somewhere.
Recheck the changes you made for Mailman, check Postfix's logs, and if
you still can't figure it out, go to a Postfix support resource.