[Mailman-Users] mailman (+vexim +exim) -- absolute links are per LIST, not per SERVER -- SOLVED

will trillich will at serensoft.com
Wed May 10 23:30:16 CEST 2006

On 5/10/06, Richard Barrett <r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk> wrote:
> You can examine a list's attributes by running the bin/withlist
> script from the command line as follows:
>
> [mailman!/mailman/solaris-run/mailman]:bin/withlist -i rbtesth
> The variable `m' is the rbtesth MailList instance
>  >>> print m.web_page_url
<snip>

i got it to work like this, instead:

# bin/withlist -l -r bin/fix_url.fix_url test
Importing bin/fix_url...
Running bin/fix_url.fix_url()...
Saving list
Finalizing

# bin/withlist -i test
The variable `m' is the test MailList instance
>>> print m.web_page_url
https://emailadmin.mysite.com/

so even tho <grr>we've got absolute urls</grr>, i think they'll be
pointing to the right place.

thanks for your sisyphean attention to detail and for putting up with
my inane ignorance! i'll go away now and leave you to get back to more
intelligent questions. :)

--
will trillich
"Their is five errers in this sentance."