[Mailman-Users] Current stump (newbie)

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Tue May 9 00:06:08 CEST 2006

On 5/8/06, William D. Tallman <wtallman at olypen.com> wrote:
> Thanks for this response; it verified my suspicions and pointed me to
> the presumed source of the problem: the ISP.

(Disclaimer, or un-disclaimer: I don't work for these people, but I
lease a server from them and have had pretty good service and
reliability for the week or two I've had the thing)

A much cheaper solution than the one your ISP offers would be to rent
a virtual server. The best deal I've found is from www.vpsland.com --
for $12/mo., you get 100GB of transfer and a virtual linux box that
should be more than beefy enough to run mailman, and perhaps any other
low-impact tasks you wish to assign to it. The upshot is that you'll
never have to deal with an evil ADSL company for your mailing lists,
etc; however, you will have to maintain your own fully-fledged mail
server, which may be a daunting task for the uninitiated.

--
- Patrick Bogen