[Mailman-Users] Syndicating a Mailman List

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri May 5 15:54:22 CEST 2006

At 2:51 AM -0400 2006-05-05, Bob Richards wrote:

>  How would I go about syndicating a Mailman list using RSS? What I would
>  like to do is publish an rss feed, which is based on our Mailman list
>  archive.

	The current version of Mailman does not have any RSS features.  I
don't know whether this is planned for inclusion in future versions,
but it seems likely that it would be, at least for Mailman3.

>  Is there a software package out there which can do this? Or do I have to
>  write my own?

	There are packages out there that will "screen scrape" web pages
and turn them into RSS feeds, and there are services out there that
will do that for you -- you just tell them which pages you want
scraped, etc... and they do the rest.

	Try Googling for "RSS generator".

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755