[Mailman-Users] One mail-list does not archive

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Thu May 4 21:13:03 CEST 2006

At 11:49 AM -0700 2006-05-04, Tom Kavanaugh wrote:

>  I am seeing a peculiar problem, which I want to share with the mailman
>  community.
>  One of my mail-lists just stopped archiving suddenly on April 25th.

	I would be willing to bet that you've run into a message with
some unusual characters or character sets, and this has caused all
further archive processing to stop for that list.

	I've seen this before.  What I had to do was to find the
offending message in the appropriate queue directory, then move that
aside, and reload Mailman to get it to start processing archives
again.

	I'm pretty sure that Mark has some instructions that he has
posted on this subject which can be found in the archives of the
mailman-users list, and that his instructions will be much more clear
than what I tried to describe above.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755