[Mailman-Users] changed templates

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Thu May 4 16:11:08 CEST 2006

I have read the very nice FAQ stuff on changing templates, and thought I
understood what it is saying, but I either have missed something, or don't
know evough about Python to succeed.

As a test, I did the following

I created an 'en' directory under /var/mailman/lists/list1
I made sure the owner/group permissions were the same as the global
'templates' directory
I copied masthead.txt to the /var/mailman/lists/list1/en
I deleted the top statement so the the resultant file started with "To
subscribe". In other words, I deleted the "Send" lines.
I restarted Mailman

What I received after sending a post to the list had no masthead at all. It
did not include the "To subscribe" or anything. Just a blank line.

Do I need to preprocess this in some way to make this useable?

Thanks

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com
Charleston Newspapers