[Mailman-Users] alias.db not getting updated

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue May 2 17:05:19 CEST 2006

Stephen R Laniel wrote:

>On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 06:57:53AM -0700, Tony Bibbs wrote:
>> I've recently added a mailman list and have run
>> bin/genaliases and put that data in the data/aliases
>> and restarted both postfix and mailman.
>
>To generate alias.db, you need to run Postfix's 'newaliases'
>command.

If Mailman is corectly set up to integrate with Postfix, alias
generation and updating is automatic upon list creation/deletion or
running of genaliases.

This requires

MTA = 'Postfix'

in mm_cfg.py and possibly a setting for POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD if the default

POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'

is not correct. It also requires a change to the Postfix configuration.
See <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>.