[Mailman-Users] Getting duplicates when people CC list

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon May 1 04:48:02 CEST 2006

At 5:49 PM -0700 2006-04-30, Tony G wrote:

>  Over the last month or two I have been going over the headers myself and
>  the headers on each copy of the mails are exactly the same: same Received
>  path and time stamps, and same Message-ID (!!).  The only pattern between
>  what generates dupes and what does not is that the list address is in the
>  CC of duped mails - but only on that list, not in this mailman-users list.
>  :(

	If the headers really are completely identical, including all
queue ids and time stamps in the "Received:" headers, then the only
machine that could be causing the duplication is the MTA of your mail
services provider.

	With a few header samples of various messages, we should be able
to figure out what's going on.  Or, at least get a better idea of
what additional information we may need.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755