[Mailman-Users] Problem w/ alias

noc ops aptgetd at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 21:40:36 CEST 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> noc ops wrote:
>
>>What's interesting is, under 'Privacy Options'-->'Recipient filters' the
>>"Ceiling on acceptable number of recipients for a posting" was set to
>>10. So I've set this to 0 to see what happens.
>

> This has nothing to do with your issue. It is the number of explicit
> addresses in To: and Cc: headers of the message *to* the list which
> will cause the post to be held for moderator approval because of "too
> many recipients".
-----------------
ok.

> As Patrick said in reply to your followup, you now need to look to your
> MTA logs, but it is curious that your bounce log is empty. Is
> bounce_processing set off for this list?
-----------------
I'm trying to bypass my spam filter and go directly to my e-mail server
to see if it could be causing issues.

In order to bypass my MX record, I like to point my mailman directly to
to e-mail server's ip address (10.0.0.10). See below cust and paste.

Is this correct? Please advice.

etc/postfix/main.cf

myhostname = mailman.domain.com
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
##alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
##alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = mailman.domain.com, localhost.domain.com, , localhost
relayhost =  10.0.0.10
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
mailbox_size_limit = 0
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all

/etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py

# Default domain for email addresses of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = '10.0.0.10'
# Default host for web interface of newly created MLs
DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'mailman.domain.com'

regards,
/virendra