[Mailman-Users] 550 Recipient Address Rejected Error

Phelps Williams phelpsw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 07:57:35 CEST 2006

I continued to play with this and I came across the postfix-to-mailman
script.  The description of what this script provides fits my application
perfectly, serving as a postfix to mailman transport pipe.  Within the
script is a description of how to set it up, I followed this and after
restarting the runtimes involved I get the following error in
/var/log/mail.log right after I send the mailing list a message:

Mar 29 21:45:32 localhost postfix/trivial-rewrite[4633]: fatal: open
database /etc/postfix/transport.db: No such file or directory
Mar 29 21:45:33 localhost postfix/master[4613]: warning: process
/usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite pid 4633 exit status 1
Mar 29 21:45:33 localhost postfix/master[4613]: warning:
/usr/lib/postfix/trivial-rewrite: bad command startup -- throttling

I believe it has to do with the configuration guidelines in
postfix-to-mailman which specify:

# /etc/postfix/main.cf:
#    relay_domains = ... lists.example.com
#    transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport
#    mailman_destination_recipient_limit = 1
#
# /etc/postfix/transport:
#   lists.example.com   mailman:

I created the /etc/postfix/transport file just for this purpose, as in it
was not in existence before.  As you might expect there is not a
/etc/postfix/transport.db file.  Is this generated a certain way.  Anybody
see what I am missing?  Thanks.

-Phelps