[Mailman-Users] 550 Recipient Address Rejected Error

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Mar 30 02:39:06 CEST 2006

Phelps Williams wrote:

>Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>        testlist at mydomain.com
>
>Technical details of permanent failure:
>PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 9): 550 <testlist at mydomain.com>: Recipient
>address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
>
>I pulled my actual domain out of this error.  Oddly enough all messages
>regarding subscribing etc work just fine.  Users simply cannot post
>messages.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

I don't know if this is it or not, but have you checked your aliases or
whatever this MTA uses to deliver to Mailman. From your description,
it seems as though maybe mail to the testlist-subscribe and
testlist-owner works or maybe not depending on what you mean by "all
messages regarding subscribing etc work just fine", but mail to
testlist doesn't.

See section 2) in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.