[Mailman-Users] shunting problem (unpack list of wrong size)

Jim Savoy savoy at uleth.ca
Thu Mar 23 21:50:02 CET 2006

Hello all,

    Of our 770+ lists, a couple have some shunting problems (the unshunt
command fails
to release queued up messages in the shunt directory). We are still
running v2.1.5 with
plans to upgrade in May, but I was hoping to get a fix for this before then.

   The error message we get is:

  Mar 23 12:37:33 2006 (19290) Uncaught runner exception: unpack list of
wrong size
                       .
                       .
                       .
 File "/mail/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 337, in decode_params
     charset, language, value = decode_rfc2231(EMPTYSTRING.join(value))
   File "/mail/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 284, in
decode_rfc2231
     charset, language, s = parts
 ValueError: unpack list of wrong size

In pouring over the archives, Mark Shapiro wrote (in response to someone
with
the same problem):

     Other lists aren't having a problem because it's probably caused by one
     particular list member with a pathological MUA.

And that this is related to the "scrubbing of attachments" for the
digest or archives.

But no one on this list is using the digest feature and archiving is
turned off. Plus
the user in question (the one sending the message) is using a generic
webmail client,
the same one many of our users employ, with no special character set or
language
options (that I can see anyway).

Any ideas? Would an upgrade to 2.1.7 resolve this problem (I only say
that because
I perused the Mailman mailing list in reverse order from present date,
and this issue
was never raised again by anyone after 2.1.6 came out).

Thanks!

   - jim -