[Mailman-Users] A glitch in Mailman??

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Mar 17 23:10:33 CET 2006

Tom Ray wrote:

>Thanks for the reply and sorry if I wasn't overly clear. Each domain was
>setup as --prefix=/home/sites/domainname.com/mailman

This should be fine, but in the OP you said that the 2.1.6 web pages
identify themselves as 2.1.7 which they shouldn't at all be doing if
they are completely separate. Also, if they identify themselves as
2.1.7, they are probably getting Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py from one of the
2.1.7 domains too. Note that the value of $prefix is compiled into the
cgi-bin wrappers, so each set must be configured for it's own domain.

>Each site has it's own cgi-bin but I did setup everything as
>mailman:mailman for user:group.

That shouldn't be a problem.

>I'll see what I can do about upgrading
>the 2.1.6 lists to 2.1.7 and see if that has any effect.

It shouldn't (unless you mean the while configure/make upgrade), but
fix_url as mentioned in FAQ 4.29 might.