[Mailman-Users] Embedded/Externally Linked Images as Attachments

Ryan Lewis ryan at coopwood.net
Wed Mar 15 15:56:17 CET 2006

Hello All.

My company uses and has used Mailman for quite some times now to send
out Mailing lists.

We recently upgraded our server and in turn upgraded to 2.1.7 of
Mailman.

Everything seems to be as swell as ever for our PC subscribers.

However for subscribers using Apple Mail and MS Entourage the images
embedded in our eMails are no longer working "perfectly",  While in
Apple Mail they all show up inline like always they are also repeated
at the bottom of the eMail as if they were attachments and not
external links.  I've viewed the source and see the external links
replaced with "src=cid:par1blahblah at blah.com"  is there a way to get
around this? A setting in the admin or setup perhaps?

Is this even Mailman doing this? I can't decide for 100% that it is,
and am not having much luck finding anything addressing this in the
documentation.

Am I overlooking anything?

And Entourage - which I am less worried about because my boss doesn't
use it ;) - looks like it is scrubbing the HTML all together.

Any ideas on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ryan