[Mailman-Users] Can the default message be changed?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Mar 15 07:02:20 CET 2006

John Franklin wrote:
>The
>upshot of this is that I receive many messages from people who have
>received "filter rule match" rejection notices, asking what to do. Is
>there any way to provide a custom message in place of "filter rule
>match" for spam filter rejections?

There is no config option for this. There is a related RFE
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1109139&group_id=103&atid=350103>,
but it isn't yet implemented.

You have two choices.

Modify Mailman/Handlers/SpamDetect.py to change the message, or

Change the action on the filter rule(s) to Hold and have the moderator
reject the message and provide a more explanitory reason with the
reject.

Depending on your situation, the first method may not even be feasable
for you, and it will be global in any case, and the second method is
burdensome at best.