[Mailman-Users] How to migrate a 300 list majordomo to Mailman?

Nicoll, Alan Alan.Nicoll at xerox.com
Wed Mar 15 01:09:21 CET 2006

I've searched the FAQ and Archive but found only 2 mentions of majordomo
and neither have anything to do with my situation.

I have 300 very small lists in majordomo (that is giving me problems)
that I'm trying to migrate to Mailman.  I, obviously, don't want to
manually recreate those lists.  They are all announce only; my bug
tracking system uses them to send notifications to subsystem owners and
developers.  I run on Solaris 9 and the lists are ascii files with CR
delimited email addresses in them.  We have Mailman installed and
working and I've read the FAQ on how to create announce only lists so I
think I can configure them correctly once I get them created.

Is there a way to import the lists into Mailman?

Alan E (Nick) Nicoll
DocuSP Problem System Administrator
Xerox Corporation
Xerox Centre Drive, MS: ESC1-615
El Segundo, CA 90245
Phone 310 333-5081  Internal 8*823-5081
Fax 310 333-6898
alan.nicoll at xerox.com

XEROX
Technology   Document Management   Consulting Services

www.xerox.com <http://www.xerox.com/>