[Mailman-Users] Archive not updating properly

Camberwell camberwell at camberwellcarrot.net
Mon Mar 6 03:07:38 CET 2006

Mark Sapiro wrote:

>Camberwell wrote:
>

>>so next i ran arch and found
>>that
>>/usr/lib/mailman/archives/public/<list-name> is updating
>>/var/lib/mailman/archive/public/<list-name> is not
>>
>>does anyone have a suggestion as to why /var/lib/archive is not updating???
>>

>I am very confused. There should be no archives in any archives/public
>directories, only symlinks to the corresponding archives/private
>directories.
>
>Also, there should only be one set of private and public archives in
>the directories defined by PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR and
>PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py. In a standard
>distribution the normal default for these is
>/usr/lib/mailman/archives/public and
>/usr/lib/mailman/archives/private, although in RedHat's fc3 package, I
>believe the locations would be /var/lib/mailman/archives/public and
>/var/lib/mailman/archives/private.
>
>Did you perhaps install RedHat's rpm initially and then upgrade from
>source or something like that?

Yes, that was silly wasn't it, lol

i'v just checked and i do have the 2.1.5 rpm installed, but the 2.1.7
source in my home folder which i have installed
i must have forgotten to uninstall the rpm first, DOH!

so i think i may be able to get away with just pointing..
in httpd.conf...
Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
to /usr/lib/mailman/archives/public/

and yes the archives/public are symlinked to the archives/private folder.

should i just change were the pipermail alias points to in the httpd.conf??
or should i try to uninstall the rpm and reinstall the source??

thanks

Martin