[Mailman-Users] Archive not updating properly

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Mar 6 02:38:22 CET 2006

Camberwell wrote:

>so next i ran arch and found
>that
>/usr/lib/mailman/archives/public/<list-name> is updating
>/var/lib/mailman/archive/public/<list-name> is not
>
>does anyone have a suggestion as to why /var/lib/archive is not updating???

I am very confused. There should be no archives in any archives/public
directories, only symlinks to the corresponding archives/private
directories.

Also, there should only be one set of private and public archives in
the directories defined by PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR and
PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_FILE_DIR in Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py. In a standard
distribution the normal default for these is
/usr/lib/mailman/archives/public and
/usr/lib/mailman/archives/private, although in RedHat's fc3 package, I
believe the locations would be /var/lib/mailman/archives/public and
/var/lib/mailman/archives/private.

Did you perhaps install RedHat's rpm initially and then upgrade from
source or something like that?