[Mailman-Users] Bounce processing doesn't work

Andre Tann atann at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 23:32:05 CET 2006

Hello out there,

I have set up a mailing list with about 500 addresses. Everything
woks fine, except the bounce processing. Mailman does not recognise
one single bounce.
It sends a mail to me instead which says:

Die angehängte Nachricht kam als unzustellbar an die Liste zurück.
Leider wurde entweder das Bounce-Format nicht erkannt, oder keine
e-Mailadresse eines Mailinglistenmitglieds konnte extrahiert werden.

I try to translate: the attached message was returned as
undeliverable to the list. Either the bounce format was not
recognised, or no email address of a mailing list member could be
extracted.

I have set up mailman to deliver fully personalised mails, which
means every mail to the mailing list is delivered 500 times, and
the corresponding email address appears in the To-header.

Does anyone have an idea what the reason might be why mailman
doesn't process the boundes? For me as a human being it is no
problem to see in the attached message which address has bounced.

Thanks.

--
Andre Tann