[Mailman-Users] Storing list information in a SQL database

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 30 20:47:56 CEST 2006

Matt Doughty wrote

>I run a rather interesting mailman setup with a very large number of lists
>that have a lot of traffic.
>This has lead to a couple issues mostly tied to storing all the data in
>pickle files. If I could replace
>the pickle interface with something that stores to a SQL database I could
>load balance the service, and
>stick the web interface and cron jobs a box dedicated to that purpose.  My
>question is:
>does anyone know of a plugin replacement to cpickle that will store data in
>a database (not as a blob), and
>has anyone created any sort of schema for storing list data in a database?
>
>I figured I would ask before recreating the wheel.

I don't know of any plugin replacement for cpickle or any current
effort to store the entire list config in an SQL database (it's on the
'futures' list), but there are member adaptors for Mailman that will
store the membership portion in the config in a mySQL database. It
doesn't seem like that's what you're looking for, but see
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2006-June/051846.html>.