[Mailman-Users] new install/email confirmation not working

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:51:23 CEST 2006

There is nothing in the logs.

It turns out that Postfix is not accepting any mail from outside our domain.
I have messed around with it and Googled and so forth and the only possible
solution that I see is to delete Sendmail and Postfix and recompile from
source. It was from a Red Hat installation and it appears that maybe RH did
something unconventional with the Postfix compile. We'll see.

On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
> >On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> It doesn't seem the mail is getting even that far. Do you have MTA =
> >> 'Postfix' in mm_cfg.py? Have you added path/to/data/aliases to
> >> Postfix's alias_maps? See
> >> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>.
> >

> >MTA='Postfix' is in the mm_cfg.py file. I am not integrating Mailman and
> >Postfix so that aliases are generated. I am utilizing /etc/aliases for
> the
> >aliases file.
>

> So have you copied mailman's aliases from data/aliases to /etc/aliases
> and run Postfix's postalias command?
>

> >Note that Postfix will deliver to Mailman with owner:group of the
> >> aliases.db file it finds the aliases in. This is normally group
> >> 'mailman' for data/aliases*, so for Postfix, you normally want
> >> --with-mail-gid=mailman which is included in the default for configure.
>

> Since you're putting aliases in /etc/aliases, Postfix will invoke the
> wrapper with the owner:group of /etc/aliases.db. This is the group
> that should be used as --with-mail-gid for configure.
>

> >> What is in the Postfix logs for mail to Mailman?
> >

> >There is nothing in the Postfix logs referring to Mailman, except if I do
> >the subscribe from the Admin interface.
>

> So there is nothing in the Postfix log at all for the message you send
> to listname-subscribe at ...?
>
> Maybe it's being routed to some other MTA on some other server.
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Christopher Adams
adamsca at gmail.com