[Mailman-Users] new install/email confirmation not working

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 23 22:12:20 CEST 2006

Christopher Adams wrote:

>On 6/23/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't seem the mail is getting even that far. Do you have MTA =
>> 'Postfix' in mm_cfg.py? Have you added path/to/data/aliases to
>> Postfix's alias_maps? See
>> <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node13.html>.
>

>MTA='Postfix' is in the mm_cfg.py file. I am not integrating Mailman and
>Postfix so that aliases are generated. I am utilizing /etc/aliases for the
>aliases file.

So have you copied mailman's aliases from data/aliases to /etc/aliases
and run Postfix's postalias command?

>Note that Postfix will deliver to Mailman with owner:group of the
>> aliases.db file it finds the aliases in. This is normally group
>> 'mailman' for data/aliases*, so for Postfix, you normally want
>> --with-mail-gid=mailman which is included in the default for configure.

Since you're putting aliases in /etc/aliases, Postfix will invoke the
wrapper with the owner:group of /etc/aliases.db. This is the group
that should be used as --with-mail-gid for configure.

>> What is in the Postfix logs for mail to Mailman?
>

>There is nothing in the Postfix logs referring to Mailman, except if I do
>the subscribe from the Admin interface.

So there is nothing in the Postfix log at all for the message you send
to listname-subscribe at ...?

Maybe it's being routed to some other MTA on some other server.