[Mailman-Users] new install/email confirmation not working

Christopher Adams adamsca at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 18:27:04 CEST 2006

I have been running a Mailman 2.1.8 system for quite awhile, using Postfix
as the MTA.

I am installing Mailman on another server, with plans to move all my 500
lists to the new server.

On the new server, I have installed Mailman, run 'configure' and 'make
install'. I have restarted Postfix and Mailman.

I have set up a new list and received email confirmation. I can add myself
as a subscriber via the web interface and get an email confirmation.

If I try to subscribe via email, nothing happens. The log files don't show
any email activity related to that transaction.

I have tried running configure with mail gid= postdrop, since that is what
Postfix was compiled to run under. That didn't work, so I have tried mail
gid = mailman and mail gid = postfix. The results are always the same.

I installed Mailman as myself and I am a member of the Mailman group with
permissions to write to that directory. Consequently, the directories and
files have permissions Owner:Me, Group: Mailman. I ran check_perms and there
don't seem to be any problems.

What next?

--
Christopher Adams