[Mailman-Users] [Fwd: Mailman User options page]

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 18:29:31 CEST 2006

On 6/16/06, Martin Dennett <md69 at md69.co.uk> wrote:
> Is there any way I can amend the HTML behind the page to force a field
> to be made mandatory? I'm thinking of the name field - once a user
> enters their options page, I would like them not to be able to leave it
> until they have filled their name in. I know it could be circumvented by
> just closing the browser window, but most of the users of my list
> wouldn't think of that ;-)

Also, some general web-design-ish comments on this idea... It probably
won't work. At best, it probably won't work well. You can fairly
trivially restrict them from continuing on if this is a linear
sequence of forms, but you likely can't keep them from, e.g., pointing
their web browser back to google when they're done.

YMMV.

--
- Patrick Bogen