[Mailman-Users] How do you add a list of addresses to mailman list?

IT-Support @ AStA TU Darmstadt it-support at asta.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Jun 15 22:57:38 CEST 2006

Robert Lane schrieb:
> I have tried to search for this and figure it out from the edit options,
> but I am at a loss how to do this.
>
> We have a list of emails from our professional association in an Excel
> spreadsheet.
>
> I want to subscribe the 200+ members to our membership mail list.  How
> can I do this?
>
> Thanks!

Hello Robert,

when you click in the "member-administration" (I translate from the
german  interface, so it may be named different in the english gui), you
can add  you members - copy them fist into a text file and pay attention
to add only one e-mail adress per line - that's the way to add a mass of
adresses.
There is also the possibility to add directly from a file - but I think
it won't work with excel, maybe .csv-format or .txt ...

Good luck,
Ivan