[Mailman-Users] How do you add a list of addresses to mailman list?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jun 15 21:51:08 CEST 2006

Robert Lane wrote:

>We have a list of emails from our professional association in an Excel
>spreadsheet.
>
>I want to subscribe the 200+ members to our membership mail list.  How
>can I do this?

Export the names and addresses from the Excel spreadsheet in a plain,
ascii text file wiht one name and address per line in one of the
formats described at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.044.htp>.
Then go to the admin Membership Management...->Mass Subscription page,
browse to the file (or paste the list into the text box), set the
options and submit.