[Mailman-Users] Some Subscribers Receiving 2 Copies of Each Message

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Jun 12 19:59:55 CEST 2006

On Jun 12, 2006, at 11:57 AM, David Andrews wrote:

> I run a Sun Cobalt RAQ 550 with about 90 Mailman lists on it, each of
> which generally has between 100 and 300 subscribers.
>
> Occasionally, I get a subscriber who says that they are receiving two
> copies of each and every message posted to a given list.  It even
> happened to me for a while, on one small not very active list.
>
> Currently I am working with a user, who is technically reliable, he
> is only subscribed to one list from one address, and has never been
> subscribed to any other of our lists.  He receives two copies of each
> message to the list he is subscribed too, and since it runs about 150
> messages a day, he is getting annoyed.  Others on the list do not
> have this problem, but he forwarded two copies of a message to me, so
> I know it is true for him.  The messages looked identical to me.

Compare the headers.  Check your MTA outgoing logs and match message
id(s) to the instances in the log.  You should be able to tell if
your end is sending it out more than once, most likely, or if his end
is duplicating it (perhaps bad spam filtering?).

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider