[Mailman-Users] Some Subscribers Receiving 2 Copies of Each Message

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Jun 12 19:57:45 CEST 2006

I run a Sun Cobalt RAQ 550 with about 90 Mailman lists on it, each of
which generally has between 100 and 300 subscribers.

Occasionally, I get a subscriber who says that they are receiving two
copies of each and every message posted to a given list.  It even
happened to me for a while, on one small not very active list.

Currently I am working with a user, who is technically reliable, he
is only subscribed to one list from one address, and has never been
subscribed to any other of our lists.  He receives two copies of each
message to the list he is subscribed too, and since it runs about 150
messages a day, he is getting annoyed.  Others on the list do not
have this problem, but he forwarded two copies of a message to me, so
I know it is true for him.  The messages looked identical to me.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

David Andrews and white cane Harry.