[Mailman-Users] Members list settings

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sat Jun 10 23:33:28 CEST 2006

Eli Tuber wrote:

>I actually like the idea that the user can control the breakdown size and
>the amount of members that are listed per page. Personally as long as the
>list is sorted finding the users should not be very hard on a moderate size
>list.
>
>This is my first time posting on this users group. What would it take to
>have this changes take place? I could really use them for my groups. :-)

The most effective easy thing would be to visit the existing RFE at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=782436&group_id=103&atid=350103>
and add your comments and support for the idea.

You could also add a comment at
<http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/Mailman+2.2>

The most effective but not easy thing is to implement it your self in a
style that is consistent with the existing Mailman base and submit it
as a patch. This requires in addition to the obvious knowledge of
Python programming, reading lots of Mailman code and the guides
"Python coding style guide for Mailman"
<http://barry.warsaw.us/software/STYLEGUIDE.txt> and "Style Guide for
Python Code" <http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/>.