[Mailman-Users] cleaning up dead addresses

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 20:09:34 CEST 2006

On 6/8/06, Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> wrote:
> >I was reviewing one of my lists today and recognize several email addresses
> >for recipients who are long since moved, and whose addresses are likely
> >dead.
> >
> >How does Mailman manage these?
> In accord with the settings on the list admin Bounce processing page.

To be a bit more precise, the way this works is that Mailman goes
ahead and sends messages to these addresses. If the bounce (that is,
the remove server sends a message back saying that the original
message was undeliverable), bounce processing takes over. In general,
after some number of bounces occur (not on the same day) within some
time period, the account will be disabled, and eventually deleted.

--
- Patrick Bogen