[Mailman-Users] Digests - How did they do this?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jun 2 17:32:51 CEST 2006

Jewel wrote

>Below is an example of a digest from a list and I would like to be able
>to do the same style on my digests in my Mailman.  I like how it lists
>the topics and then lists each message accordingly, like Message 2 for
>example. I am running Mailman 2.1.7 and at this point have not done any
>customization at this point.  I didn't know how to search for something
>like this in the archives either.  Any advice?

Whatever you attached to this mail was removed by content filtering I'm
not sure from your description what digest format this is, but Mailman
sends digests in one of two formats by user option.

The 'plain' digest is one long plain text message with digest boiler
plate, table of contents and the individual messages, each flattened
to plain text with attachments scrubbed.

The 'MIME' digest consists of multiple MIME parts with separate parts
for the boiler plate and TOC and each message in it's own
message/rfc822 part.

What each format actually looks like depends on your MUA.