[Mailman-Users] message body is blank for some users

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Jun 2 04:37:25 CEST 2006

At 10:02 PM +0100 2006-06-01, Heal Secretary wrote:

>  The user's messy headings reveal "Content-Type: text/html;
>  format=flowed". Is this all I need to know?

	That's unlikely to be all that you need to know.

>  I am using Eudora which shows plenty of messy headings. I don't know
>  if it is a MUA or not.

	Eudora is an MUA (Mail User Agent), and I happen to use the same
program.  However, you need to look at more than just the headers --
you also need to look at the raw message body, which is something
that Eudora does not do (so far as I know).

	Try saving a copy of the message to a file, then pull up that
file in a text editor.

>                          Please could you explain this term. Also, the
>  messy headings don't have any mention of MIME. I'm sorry to say I
>  don't even know what this term means. Please could you enlighten me?

	MIME is how Internet e-mail handles binary content.  However,
although there are some official standards for MIME, very few
programs actually implement all of those standards the same way.

	What you need to be able to see is the internal MIME structure of
the message.

>  In the meantime I have changed my settings to "Should Mailman convert
>  text/html parts to plain text? = No". I'll ask the user to post and
>  see what happens.

	That may not help.  Give it a try, but don't be surprised if it
doesn't work.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755