[Mailman-Users] Error message from mailmanctl start

Derek Scollon dscollon at scotwebsolutions.com
Sat Jul 29 21:35:25 CEST 2006

Dear mailman-users,

I've been having problems getting Mailman to send any messages. After doing some reading and searching this list's archives, I've discovered that I'm getting exactly the same error message as the one given here http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg35582.html

However, this is on a rented server with Mailman pre-installed and I don't want to do an uninstall and reinstall having never done this before. Is there a way to fix this error without an uninstall/reinstall? I can't find the config.pck files referred to and the error log just shows the same error message over and over again.

Any help on how to diagnose and fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Derek Scollon