[Mailman-Users] GID mismatch with Postfix on Fedora Core 5 install of mailman RPM

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Thu Jul 27 02:47:33 CEST 2006

Chris Lawson wrote:

>This is a good start, but you also have to read /usr/share/doc/
>mailman-2.1.8/INSTALL.REDHAT which tells you the directories mailman
>uses in FC5 have changed. Where once they were installed in /usr/
>local/mailman, the binaries and what not are now in /usr/lib/mailman
>
>Most importantly, the output of the genaliases command, once you've
>changed your mm_cfg.py file to set your MTA = 'Postfix', doesn't go
>to /usr/lib/mailman/data/ it goes to /etc/mailman/data/

These issues, while quite valid issues, are all specific to the RedHat
package. If you chose to install a package, you should always consider
the packager's documentation to take precedence. Our documentation
refers to Mailman as distributed by us and installed from source. We
can't keep up with what packagers do after the fact.