[Mailman-Users] Using the inject script

Patrick Bogen pdbogen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 00:30:48 CEST 2006

On 7/13/06, Dragon <dragon at crimson-dragon.com> wrote:
> Just a quick question about using the inject script to put a message
> in a list queue...
>
> What exactly is the inject script expecting? As in what exactly is
> the format of the file that gets fed into it?

pdbogen at vmmail:~$ /usr/lib/mailman/bin/inject
Inject a message from a file into Mailman's incoming queue.

Usage: inject [options] [filename]

    -h / --help
        Print this text and exit.

    -l listname
    --listname=listname
        The name of the list to inject this message to.  Required.

    -q queuename
    --queue=queuename
        The name of the queue to inject the message to.  The queuename must be
        one of the directories inside the qfiles directory.  If omitted, the
        incoming queue is used.

filename is the name of the plaintext message file to inject.  If omitted,
standard input is used.

A list name is required

So, inject --listname=<list> <file>

<file> should be just an email in a text file.. I.e.,