[Mailman-Users] Attachments Typ x-zip-compressed being converted tobin

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Jul 7 20:20:49 CEST 2006

Michael Barnard wrote:

>We are using Mailman 2.1.5 on RaQ550 Kernel 2.4.19C12_V-1.
>
>When we mail the list with an attached zip file the extension is changed to bin in the list archive.
>The list members receive a zip file with the correct extension.

In Mailman 2.1.5, if the attachment has a filename with an extension
and if the extension is one of the extensions that maps to the
the filename extension is used. Otherwise, the extension is 'guessed'
from the Content-Type. This should result in an extension of '.zip'
for a content type of 'application/x-zip-compressed', but it may not
depending on your Python version.

In Mailman 2.1.6, a new mm_cfg.py setting
SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION was added to force using
the filename extension if any.