[Mailman-Users] HTML converted to attachment

Anne Ramey anne.ramey at ncmail.net
Fri Jul 7 14:09:32 CEST 2006

mailing lists. Mailman seems to alter the email message and add the
original HTML email as an attachment.

> > Remove the message header and footer (msg_header and msg_footer on the

admin Non-digest options page. See

> > <http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.039.htp>.
> >
> > --
> > Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers, San

Francisco Bay Area, California    better use your sense - B. Dylan

Unfortunately this didn't help. I already configured in my mm_cfg.py to
remove the footer.

I've added my mm_cfg.py information at the bottom of this email.
Thanks for your help.

Brenno.

I've had this problem before.  It was because some email clients actually send the html as an attachment.  They appear usually, as inline, because of how most mail clients are set up, but mailman treats it like the attachment it is. Outlook does this, or at least it used to (I haven't tried lately).  I've used Thunderbird successfully.  There are also tools out there that create html mails correctly specifically for sending to lists.

--
Anne Ramey