[Mailman-Users] Changing max_recipients

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 31 00:31:03 CET 2006

At 3:24 PM -0700 2006-01-30, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

>      If I change my SMTP_MAX_RCPTS (in Defaults.py) while something is
>  being sent out, is there anyway to have mailman ... uh ... recalculate
>  if you will and continue sending where it was, but with the new
>  max_recipient number instead of the old one?  Or am I stuck till this
>  queue finishes?

	I'm not sure when that value is read during the initialization
process, and where that may be stored afterwards.  It may be that you
need to stop and restart Mailman to get it to pick up that change, or
Mailman may pick up the change when the next message comes in.

	If you're really unlucky, that value will only get read from
Defaults.py when the list is created and will then be saved
internally to the list configuration pickle, and the value from
Defaults.py will never be read again for that list.

	However, even in the best case, none of this is going to have any
impact on messages that have already come in and are in the process
of going back out again.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755