[Mailman-Users] Newbie question regarding multiple domains with one Mailman installation

Daniel Spreadbury dspreadbury at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 01:02:16 CET 2006

Hi folks,

Apologies if this is covered in the Mailman docs or the FAQs, but I'm having
problems finding any concrete information.

I've installed Mailman via the FreeBSD ports collection on my FreeBSD server
(running 4.7). My MTA is Exim 4.22, and my web server is Apache 1.3.x.

I currently have mailman in /usr/local/mailman, and my web server has a
virtual host at http://lists.dom.ain/ that points at this installation. My

I run a number of different virtual domains from my server, and would like
to be able to run mailing lists for each of them, but using their domain
names. I don't care about the limitation that they can't use the same list
name -- the number of lists will be small, and that's an avoidable problem.