[Mailman-Users] Determine List Bandwidth

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Jan 23 21:07:00 CET 2006

Bryan Carbonnell wrote:

>So if I understand what you just wrote, the size in the post log is
>what comes to Mailman before it gets scrubbed?

No. The size in the post log is the actual size of what is sent out to
message subscribers including all headers and attachments included in
the message. If scrub_nondigest is true, this will be the size of the
scrubbed message. My original remark that the message might be
significantly smaller in the digest was based on scrub_nondigest being
false so that the message subscribers received and the post log
reflected a non-scrubbed message that was subsequently scrubbed for
the digest.