[Mailman-Users] Urgent Help on LDAP Member Adaptor

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Jan 8 17:52:54 CET 2006

Kabilan L wrote:

>I am trying to fix LDAP Member Adaptor V3.0 with my Mailman.I have Centos and
>Openldap-2.2.13.2.I am trying do the same as said in this
>http://webserver.offal.homelinux.org/LDAPMemberAdaptor/V3.0/LDAPMemberAdaptor/
>website.ie i have done the following
>
>Copied LDAPMemberships.py to /usr/local/mailman/Mailman, I didn't edit this
>file.Is it ok? Now created a list and put the extend.py like this
>
>from Mailman.LDAPMemberships import LDAPMemberships
>
>def extend(list):
>    ldap = LDAPMemberships(list)
<snip>
>#    list._memberadaptor = ldap
>
>I don't know what is list._memberadaptor because when i leave this unhashed
>i unable to see the lists membership managent via webpage,so i hasehed it.

Which means you are not replacing the default OldStyleMemberships.py
MemberAdaptor for this list with LDAPMemberships. Thus you are not
getting members from the LDAP database so your list probably has no
members.

>when
>i send an mail to group it reaches the archives but not to the member
>Inbox.Please help me fixing it.Tell how to do it?What i have to do with
>extend.py.

You have to have the

    list._memberadaptor = ldap

line uncommented (unhashed). Then you have to look at the 'error' log
and/or the result when you go to the membership management page and
figure out what isn't working and why. It probably has something to do
with the other settings in extend.py.