[Mailman-Users] virtual host in subscribe url

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Feb 26 16:24:25 CET 2006

Robin Rowe wrote:

>Configuring Mailman with Postfix and virtual domains. On old sever that
>someone else set up for me the subscribe path was:
>
>  http://mydomain.com/mailman/subscribe/announce_mydomain.com
>
>On new site I configured it is:
>
>  http://mydomain.com/mailman/subscribe/announce
>
>Is this merely a change across versions of Mailman or have I not
>configured something correctly?

The former URL looks like one that would come from a cPanel
installation or perhaps one that uses other patches mentioned in
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.047.htp>.

Your 'new' URL is the correct one for a standard Mailman install. The
only reason to consider anything else is a requirement to support
lists with the same list name on different virtual hosts. Mailman as
distributed doesn't do this. See the above FAQ article for more info.